Vector in java
In the previous post, we have seen how to replace element with a new value in LinkedList. In this post, we will see about vector in java.
Vector has the following features.
- It implements List interface.
- Vector is synchronized. That’s why it is slow because in multiple-thread environment , it will hold the other threads in runnable or non-runnable state until current thread releases the lock of the object.
- Vector is a legacy class.
- Similar to array , elements of vector can be accessed using an integer index.
- Vector increments 100% means doubles the array size if total number of elements exceeds than its capacity.
- Vector can use Enumeration interface as well as Iterator interface.
Let’s understand Vector with examples.